Where in the world are we?

Where in the World are We?

21 June 2009

Trinity's Standard Six Banquet

Last night Trinity held its banquet for Standard VI students. Like last year, the big event took place at The Smokey Mermaid restaurant at the Radisson Fort George Hotel. It was a really fun night: the students looked amazing in their beautiful dresses and fancy suits, the meal was delish-os, and the dancing was all about the punta. Students had a great time and we enjoyed celebrating with them.

My dress was made by this teacher. We talked months ago about the design idea and she made it entirely from scratch with no pattern - just a picture I drew, my measurements, and 2 yards of fabric. I love it!

Mariesha is a GLOW girl. I am very proud of her as she heads off to high school!

The staff had just as much, if not moreso, fun as the students dancing the night away. I joined in and Anthony even showed off a move or two, helping a teacher win her bet that he would dance. I suspect he'll do far more dancing at his banquet when we switch roles and I play photographer (although, I know his teachers will not let me get away with using that as an excuse not to dance...)



The students give a big cheer of excitement for their accomplishment in finishing primary school. Congratulations, Standard VI!!

No comments: